Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Data management can be amazing!

From time to time, I hear that the university community isn't embracing 21st century tools and skills. This video certainly doesn't support that idea. I love it when he says it is not enough to just present the numbers, he wanted to engage his audience and present some ideas through data. I've definitely got this video on my delicious account for when my class is looking at data management.

Not sure you caught that? As I wrote the last sentence I realized that great math is not isolated topics and isolated lessons. I will plan to use this video to encourage my students to report their data in a creative way for their critical thinking projects. (In case you are wondering, our current class critical question can be found on our water wiki. The critical question can be found at the bottom of the page.)


No comments:

Post a Comment