Thursday, November 11, 2010

One Grade 7 Student's 21st Century, or is it?

I found this on the cpchat daily blog. I saved it immediately and showed it to my class the next day. I thought it was a great example of a 21st century kid in a 21st century classroom.


As I watched it again I began to see it differently. It didn't seem to me to include the kind of rigor and heat Bernajean Porter calls for when technology is used. Our goal in our classroom is using higher level thinking, hopefully using technology! Does this video show signs of transformative learning and being a knowledge producer or is it using technology to be a knowledge consumer?


Watch it and let me know what you think!






1 comment:

  1. I think you are right that we need to rethink based on what we learned from Bernajean.

    ReplyDelete