Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ladder, Coffee and License Plate Math

We are all fortunate to be able to use Dan Meyer's ideas for teaching of math. He has posts on safe ladders, coffee and license plates. I have cut and pasted his photos. See his posts for further discussion .

I look forward to using the ladder photo in my class. I will get the students to come up with standards for safe dimensions of ladders, including height, width span and the relation between them.


I am looking forward to seeing where this photo leads us. I hope it will lead us to a discussion of probability and organized lists.


This was taken from a coffee shop. I can hardly wait to use it. Dan includes a chart showing unit prices which reveal inaccuracies/untruths in the poster.


Have fun using these. Thanks Dan for your work. Let me know if they work for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment