Wednesday, September 15, 2010

21st Century Schools About Changing Attitude and Culture, not about technology

21st century classrooms are not about technology, they represent a cultural change in the way the classroom operates. They are about how children learn to be critical thinkers, self-directed, creative, collaborative, safe and respectful learners. I thought it would be helpful to share how I address each of the above in my classroom as I think many teachers have little knowledge of how to bring sweeping change into theirs. I will not attempt to give details, I will simply provide a classroom link as an example. I also have never claimed to have perfected my 21st century classroom! Most of these links are found on our class blog page .


Critical Thinking:

Self-directed:

Creative:

Collaborative:

Safe and respectful:


How are you teaching 21st century skills?

No comments:

Post a Comment