- My class should look different. Kids need to find a problem in their world, figure out a way to solve it and find out what technology they need to solve the problem (not the other way around).
- Students need to add value to our world because they own the problem. They need to leave a legacy. Too much of our school work is without purpose.
- I need to direct more kids to fanfiction.net! Students would rather publish for the world than write for their teacher.
- Social learning is under-stated.
- Students should go to staff development activities.
- We all need to reach the tipping point, where we realize that the kids should be working harder than the teachers.
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Purposeful Work: Alan November TED Talk
Watch Alan November's TED Talk from March this year. He is quite a compelling speaker. I always come away with something big.
His main points I will take away are:
Alan is definitely one of the most influential educators in my network.